Sunday, February 26, 2012

How much to get a new steering rack and where? Hoping for actual quotes. I have a '99 Audi A4 Quattro?

A remanufactured steering rack for that car is $575 + shipping (about $20) from ecstuning.com. Plus, then there is the labor. I would imagine that you are looking at least 6 hours of labor. Most places are around $100/hr so another $600 in labor. You may be able to find a place cheaper on labor. I would check VW/Audi specialty shops. They typically cost a lot less than dealers. My mechanic charges $80/hr and my dealer charges $120/hr. Good luck with the issue man. I know that my steering racks about to die on my GTI as well. I'm not looking forward to it.How much to get a new steering rack and where? Hoping for actual quotes. I have a '99 Audi A4 Quattro?Eek! Run for the hills. That's a high dollar repair. It was an $800 part plus major labor costs for my '96 Dodge Avenger. Guessing it'll be even more for an Audi.How much to get a new steering rack and where? Hoping for actual quotes. I have a '99 Audi A4 Quattro?Shokan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment