Sunday, February 26, 2012

Audi A3 reviews? How do you like it?

I am planning on buying a 2006 A3 2.0T, just curious to know what people's experience is with this car. How responsive is the turbo with the automatic transmission? reliability?Audi A3 reviews? How do you like it?Until recently, my wife drove a VW Golf GTi, which is a lovely car and has the same chassis as the Audi. Earlier this year I borrowed my friend's A3 for a week and found it drove very similarly to the Golf although the finish on it was a little more refined. Both cars corner flat and accelerate beautifully although they tended to have a turbo lag in the low rev range but really threw your head back once the turbo kicked in. Don't worry about the auto transmission either, it's fantastic and intuitive (much better than my Mercedes C class), although I do prefer a manual shift. I found I could not beat a Subaru WRX or Mitsubishi Evo in a street drag but the Audi and the VW are more refined than the Japanese cars and handle the day to day drive in comfort and style but still have a racing edge to get the heart pumping.



My only concern with the Audi is that servicing and parts are pricey and second hand cars are often driven pretty hard. I suggest you get a mechanic to check any prospective purchase carefully to see if there is any damage before you hand over any hard earned dollars.



Take one on a test drive, you'll never look back.
  • national tire and battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment